PPE’s new transmission pan for the Ram 68RFE transmission is constructed from high-quality cast aluminum made in the USA.
This pan follows suit with its brethren featuring internal heat sinks and external cooling fins. These cooling fins, coupled with the aluminum construction, allow for reduced transmission oil temperatures. Cooler oil lubricates better which will help increase transmission service life.
This new pan comes with a 1-inch, Neodymium-equipped stainless steel drain plug to remove harmful ferrous metals from the oil, two NPT ports for temperature probes. Also utilizes the factory filter making future transmission service a cinch.
In testing, we used a 2013 2500 Cummins powered Ram towing a 13,000 lb travel trailer. We then took the combo on an 900 mile loop through city traffic, steep hill climbs as well as wide open flat highway runs. Transmission temperatures never went over 200 degrees. After cresting the top of hills, transmission temperatures also dropped much quicker than they did with the factory-installed stamped steel pan.
Unloaded temperatures were consistently 10 degrees or more below those measured with a factory pan.
▪ Available in Raw, Black, or Brushed finishes
▪ 1/8 and 1/4 inch NPT temperature probe access ports
▪ 1 inch stainless steel drain plug equipped with an extremely powerful Neodymium magnet designed to extract harmful ferrous metal particles.
▪ Robust side ribs provide additional case strength
▪ Deep baffles prevent “sloshing” and help transfer heat.
2007.5-current Ram 2500/3500 Trucks with the
6.7L Cummins Diesel